About the Journal
The Journal of Soil Salinity and Water Quality(JSSWQ), an official publication of Indian Society of Soil Salinity and Water Quality, is a peer- reviewed national-cum-international scientific journal that publishes results of novel, original and quality research, critical reviews, short communications and salient recommendations of scientific conferences and symposia on any aspect of soil salinity and water quality research. The journal encourages contributions that demonstrate the pedogenesis and characterization of salt-affected soils and water, their reclamation and management technologies, drainage and soil reclamation engineering, physiological and biological processes to understand stress tolerance and crop production. Papers dealing with investigations of fundamental or applied nature in saline agriculture and agro-ecosystems, natural resources management, domestication of under-explored and improved halophytic crops, salinity tolerance models, bioengineering of crop improvement, and biophysical and socioeconomic aspects are welcome. To be acceptable for publication, the information must be relevant to a context and provide new insights and knowledge in the related fields.
The journal is published biannuallyat present during June and Decemberand each issue contains approximately 130-140 printed or online pages.
Peer Review and Editorial Process
- All manuscripts will be peer-reviewed by independent reviewers, who may be members of the Editorial Board or outside subject experts. The Chief Editor is responsible for the overall editorial process and coordination. He is assisted by four Associate Editors, 16 National and International Consulting Editors, who will coordinate the review the process of manuscripts dealing with subjects of their respective expertise. Chief Editor’s decision independently or in consultation with editorial board, is final. Acceptance of the article is sent to the corresponding author.
Policy for publication
- At least one author must be life or annual member of the society for considering the paper for publication in the Journal.
- Publication in the Journal is free of cost i.e. no processing and printing fee is charged from the author(s).
Peer Review Policy
- Four stage peer review policy is adopted to accept all manuscripts for final publication in the Journal.
- Manuscripts, received through email and online submission as well as post, are scrutinized for suitability for publication in the Journal by Chief Editor at the First Stage. If the manuscripts are found to be of good quality and in order of journal domain and as per the Guidelines, the manuscripts are then sent to the Associate Editors/and Consulting Editors at the Second Stage for final decision for scientific reviewing by at least one subject expert or preferable by two.
- After consultation/agreement, the manuscripts are sent to reviewer(s) at the third stage for scientific comments. If manuscripts are found of poor scientific content/ quality or not conforming to the Guidelines at any stage, are rejected.
- After receiving comments of reviewer(s), authors are communicated for getting manuscripts revised/modified in accordance with minor or major comments for considering of publication.
- At the fourth stage, revised manuscripts resubmitted by author(s) must be acceptable to the concerned Associate and Consulting Editors in light of reviewer’s comments, if necessary, revised manuscripts may be sent to reviewer(s) for the compliance/recheck. The finalized manuscripts are sent to Chief Editor for further improvement and publication in the Journal.