ISSSWQ Fellowship Guidelines
Name of the Fellowship
The Fellowship is known as “Fellow Indian Society of Soil Salinity & Water Quality (FISSS&WQ)”. Nature of Fellowship and Eligibility
- The ISSS&WQ shall elect two Fellows during each alternate year from amongst the life members in
recognition of their outstanding professional contributions and service to the society.
- To be eligible for nomination to Fellowship, an individual must be a life member of the society for at
least two years prior to the calendar year for which award nominations are being made.
- The nomination will be made in each case at least by one Patron/Past President/Past Vice-
President/Fellow/Honorary Member and seconded by one of these or a life member in prescribed
proforma by specified date. In a year a Patron/Past President/Past Vice-President/Fellow/Honorary Member can make not more than two nominations. Selection Procedure and Criteria
- The valid nominations shall be evaluated by the Expert Committee, appointed by the President, which
shall comprise of 3 members from amongst the Past Presidents, Past Vice-Presidents, Honorary Members and Fellows of the ISSS&WQ.The ISSS&WQ secretariat will help the ExpertCommittee in its deliberations or some convener. The composition of Expert Committee will be kept confidential till the recommendations are placed before the executive committee of the society.
- The Executive Committee shall take appropriate action on the recommendations of the Judging Committee and declare the names of the persons to be bestowed with the Fellowship of the ISSS&WQ.
- The evaluation criterion for the award could be downloaded from the institute website. Those requesting the Proforma by post would also be sent the evaluation criteria along with the application form.
Number of Fellowships
- Total number of Fellows shall not exceed 20%of the total strength of the life membersduring the year
of award of the fellowship.
- Applications will be invited by the ISSS&WQ. The announcement along with proforma will be made available on the institute website (www.cssri.org). The duly filled applications as per the prescribed proforma either downloaded from the website or available on request by e-mail, should be sent to “Dr. R. K. Yadav,General Secretary, Indian Society of Soil Salinity and Water Quality (ISSS&WQ), ICAR-CSSRI, Karnal, Haryana-132001”;through the competent authority (Directors of the Institutes, Vice-Chancellors/Director Research/Deans of the universities) certifying the authenticity of the statements made by the applicant.
Presentation of the Fellowship
- The newly selected Fellows shall be formally informed of their selectionby the ISSS&WQ, Karnal in advanceofBiennial Convention of the society. They will be admittedto the fellowshipduring the Biennial Convention and presented with a citation and a plaque.