Guidelines for ISSSWQ Young Scientist Award
The ISSSWQ has introduced a scheme of Award for Young Scientists in “Management of Soil Salinity and Poor Quality Waters” to promote excellence in the field of Agriculture Sciences and Technology by the Society. The Award will be known as “ISSSWQ Young Scientist Award”. The award will be governed as per following rules and regulations.
- The award is biennial in nature and would be bestowed upon the selected scientist in the plenary session of the biennial convention of the society.
- The award is open to all young scientists below 40years of age as on 31st December of the year for which the award is being conferred. The scientist must be a life member of the society.
- The award will be given for outstanding research work done by young scientists working in the field of salinity managementand poor quality waters belonging to any discipline of agriculture or relevant sciences during the years preceding the year of award.
- A copy of the biodata as per prescribed format including a set of research reprintsmust be enclosed with the nomination proforma. The applicants also need to submit two hard copies of the full length papers along with their soft copies before the prescribed datefor submission. Softcopy of the biodata and full length papersmust be received by the stipulated datethrough email. If soft copy through e-mail is received in time, in that event a grace period of seven days will be allowed to take careof postal delay.
- A panel of experts constituted by the President of the society will evaluate the biodata of the applicants (see Annexure I). The weightage for the biodata as per guidelines will be of 75 marks. These marks will not be revealed to the expert panel constituted to evaluate the presentation.
- Top five scorers in the biodata will be considered for making presentation beforethe Expert Committee in a special sessionduring the national convention of the society. The presentation will be of 15 minutes (maximum) wherein the applicant will present his/her significant achievements, paper submitted for presentation in the convention and future plans of research. This may be followed by 5 minutes discussion. The contestants who fail to make the presentation will cease to be the contestants for the award. An expert panel (See Annexure II)constituted by the president will evaluate the presentation for which weightage is 25 marks.
- The contestant receiving the highest marks out of 100 with the approval of the president or his nominee will be declared the winner. In case of a tie, the highest marks obtained in the biodata will take precedence. In case of tie, the age of the contestant will be taken into account, the youngest getting the award over the elder(s).
- The award consists of a citation (signed by the President and General Secretary of the ISSSWQ), a medal and a plaque.
- A person can receive the ´ISSSWQ YOUNG SCIENTISTS AWARD´ only once in the life time.